Long Distance Operator Who hasn’t dreamed of owning an awesome custom motorcycle? And who hasn’t dreamed of taking off for a weekend—or a week—and going on a nice long ride where the cell phone doesn’t ring and there’s no email to answer? That’s what the Honda Interstate is all about. With its 1,312 cc V-twin engine, the Interstate is the ultimate expression of progressive retro cruiser styling, with one big difference: it’s built to go the (long) distance, with touring features like floorboards, roomy leather-clad saddlebags and a custom windscreen.
1312CC V-TWIN ENGINE
- The powerful 1312cc 52° V-twin engine with a single-pin crankshaft and dual balancers has plenty of torque—and the feel only a V-twin can deliver.
- The Interstate’s color-matched frame really gives this bike a finishing, custom touch.
- Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
FRONT AND REAR DISC BRAKES
- Equipped with powerful disc brakes at both ends
- A must-have for every long-distance cruiser: large, roomy floorboards with vibration-absorbing rubber inserts to keep your size-12 dogs relaxed all day long.
- Roomy and built with stylish leather overlaying a protective hard case and cover, the Interstate’s saddlebags are big enough to pack for a long trip—and durable enough to take it.
- A handy, old-school, cruiser-style heel-toe shifter is paired with the floorboards to make shifting through the gears a simple toe or heel tap away.
- Measuring in at a low, easy-to-get-the-boots-down-when-stopping 26.8 inches, the Interstate’s wide, cushy seat not only enhances the comfort level, but the styling as well.
MATTE BLACK FORK COVERS
- Custom bikes can never have too much style, as the Interstate illustrates perfectly with its matte black fork covers.
PROGRAMMED FUEL INJECTION (PGM-FI)
- Forget about fiddling with a choke—the Interstate’s fuel-injection system means no-hassle start-ups on cold mornings or at high altitudes, and optimal performance in any condition.
SHAFT FINAL DRIVE
- The shaft final drive is quiet, clean and has been uniquely integrated into the overall design.
- The stylish custom windscreen keeps wind and weather at bay, ensuring both rider and passenger cruise in ultimate touring comfort.