In a Class by Itself
Sometimes, if you want the best solution, you have to think outside the box. In fact, sometimes it’s best if you throw the whole concept of a box away. That’s what our engineers did with the CBR650F. Traditional displacement classes went 600-750-1000. But who says you had to stick to that? An extra 50cc is going to make the CBR650F a lot more fun for a lot more riders. It lets us fatten up the powerband, but still keep the bike light and nimble.
A fun ride at a great price, the CBR650F’s inline-four engine is specifically tuned for low-to-midrange torque, delivering a powerband that’s suited for a wide range of riding styles. Weekday commuter, weekend sport riding, long trips, short hauls, solo or with a passenger—the CBR650F does it all.
So who cares for labels and pigeonholes anyway? Not the CBR650F. A great bike knows no limits. Especially not an extra 50cc.
A Little Bit Extra, for No Extra Cost: This is a machine that offers an incredibly high fun factor while keeping real-world budgets in mind. Its ergonomics and performance will keep you excited and its price and features will keep your wallet.
Great Bikes Start with Great Engines: Honda pioneered the modern inline-four layout and we’ve never looked back. With smooth running and offering terrific performance, the CBR650F’s powerplant is one of our best.
The Fundamentals Count: Rock-solid handling starts with a rock-solid chassis. The CBR650F’s frame is strong for sharp, responsive handling, but not too stiff for casual, everyday riding.
Information Central: The CBR650F offers a digital LCD instrument package. Everything is clearly visible, night or day, and includes all the info you need for longer trips or cross-town commutes.
- 649cc DOHC Engine: Engines like this are what Honda does best. The four-cylinder design makes it smoother and faster revving than most twins, and offers ample low to midrange torque, plus plenty of power through the entire rev range.
- Four-Into-One Exhaust: Power, style and an unmistakable growl—you get all three with the four-into-two-into-one exhaust system on the CBR650F.
- Six-Speed Transmission: Smooth, nearly seamless shifts and more gear ratios to match the way you want to ride: those are two of the characteristics that make this Honda so much fun to ride.
- Twin-Spar Steel Frame: A steel frame is strong, but not too rigid for the needs of the everyday rider. With a 57-inch wheelbase, the CBR650F is also quick and responsive—just what a machine in this class should be.
- 41mm Front Suspension: Our 41mm front suspension offers excellent suspension action and a comfortable ride along with precise steering and front-end feedback.
- Dual-Disc Brakes/Optional ABS: Here’s an area where plenty of other bikes would scrimp, but not the CBR650F. Dual 320mm front discs offer excellent stopping power under a wide range of operations. Honda’s ABS system is available for more confident stopping in challenging conditions.
- Rear-Disc Brake: A 240mm hydraulic disc at the rear complements the twin front discs for plenty of stopping power.
- 4.5-Gallon Fuel Tank: You asked; we listened. A bike as versatile as the CBR650F needs plenty of range, and the 4.5-gallon fuel tank provides just that.
- Supersport-Style Front Cowl: The CBR650F may be a terrific value, but it still offers plenty of style. Check out its CBR600RR-inspired front cowl—just enough bodywork to cut the wind blast and give it a cool look.
- Clip-On Handlebars: Clip-on bars are an integral part of supersport bikes and for the CBR650F, they put you in a riding position that’s both sporty and comfortable enough for longer trips.
- LCD Multi-Meter: In addition to the speedometer and digital tachometer, the CBR650F’s instrumentation also includes clock, trip meter and fuel gauge.
- Engine Type: 649cc Liquid-Cooled Inline Four-Cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 67 mm x 46 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI Programmed Automatic Enrichment Circuit, with 32 mm Throttle Bodies
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 11.4:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: #525 O-ring chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm Fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock with spring-preload adjustability; 5.0 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual two-piston calipers with 320mm discs; ABS
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240mm disc; ABS
- Front Tire: 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 180/55ZR-17 radial
- Rake: 25.3 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 101.3 mm (3.98 in.)
- Wheelbase: 57 in.
- Seat Height: 31.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 467 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal.
- Model Id: CBR650FA
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Matte Black Metallic/Candy Red
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.