Forget about bigger. How about better?
There’s an old saying: It’s not the size of the dog in the fight; it’s the size of the fight in the dog. And that’s certainly true when it comes to the world of all-terrain vehicles. Bigger isn’t always better—like on a tight trail, when it’s time to load and unload, or when it’s time to open up your wallet.
Thank goodness for the Honda Recon—an ATV that gets it. The Recon is a powerful, versatile, rugged ATV, but one that also offers a smaller overall footprint. Its compact size helps you maneuver through tighter trails that would stop some larger ATVs. But the Recon is a powerhouse of an athlete in the welterweight class. Its specially designed 250-class engine is engineered for plenty of low-rpm torque and power, where the real work gets done. Its two-wheel-drive layout features Honda’s famous longitudinal engine design for more efficient power transfer.
The Recon. It’s one of the smartest ATV choices you can make.
Easy Starting, Every Time: With the press of a button, the Recon is up and running, thanks to an effortless electric start. Want a backup? No problem— it also has an auxiliary recoil starter.
Details That Make a Difference: We never stop making the Recon better, and here are a couple of examples. Need to get out of a tight spot on the trail? The Recon sports a reverse lever that’s designed to be easier to use.
- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Compact and lighter-weight, the Recon’s semi-dry-sump and overhead valve designs create an engine that’s not only shorter from top to bottom, but one that enhances handling by lowering the center of gravity while also allowing for better ground clearance.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout: By orienting the crankshaft front to back in the chassis in our ATV and side-by-side engines, we route the flow of power straight to the wheels without any unnecessary right-angle detours, reducing powertrain friction and putting more grunt to the ground.
- Shaft Drive: Clean, efficient, proven, low-maintenance. Shaft drive is the perfect choice for a machine like this, and for riders who pile on the miles. You never have to worry about lubrication or adjustment out on the trail. And an added plus: it helps keep your ATV cleaner, too.
- Effortless Electric Starting: When it comes to starting: Turn a key, push a button, and you’re off, even in cold weather. A backup recoil starting system provides added confidence.
- Reverse Mechanism and Parking Brake: Mounted up on the left handlebar along with the parking brake, the Recon’s reverse lever is, simple and easy to use.
- Uniquely Designed Floorboards: Both the Recon and Recon ES have uniquely designed floorboards, which allow the rider’s feet to grip the footrests while helping keep mud and debris away.
- LED Taillight and Brakelight: The Recon has a LED taillight and brakelight for durable, long-lasting lighting.
- Steel Cargo Racks: Front and rear steel cargo racks allow payloads of 33 and 66 pounds, respectively.
- Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 68.5 mm x 62.2 mm
- Induction: 22 mm carburetor
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Five-speed with reverse
- Driveline: Direct rear driveshaft
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 5.1 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 4.9 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual sealed hydraulic drum
- Rear Brake: Sealed mechanical drum
- Front Tire: 22 x 7-11
- Rear Tire: 22 x 10-9
- Length: 75.0 in.
- Width: 40.7 in.
- Height: 42.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 44.5 in.
- Seat Height: 31.2 in.
- Ground Clearance: 6.0 in.
- Turning Radius: 8.5 feet
- Curb Weight: 434 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.4 gal., including 0.6-gal. reserve
- Available Colors: Red, Green
- Model Id: TRX250TM
- Duration: 1 year
- Description: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Important Safety Information: Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner’s manual thoroughly.