2017 Yamaha YZF-R3 - Details:
R WORLD STARTS HERE
The 2017 YZF-R3 is the easiest way to enter the world of Yamaha R-series superbike performance.
- Potent Twin-Cylinder Powerplant: Large 321cc twin-cylinder engine offers excellent performance whether navigating cross-town traffic, hitting the twisties, or on the racetrack.
- Striking Yamaha R-Series Styling: Yamaha supersport-inspired styling with a full fairing in a chassis that makes it perfect for first time rider-or experienced riders who prefer a lightweight, nimble machine. And three beautiful coloring options are available which means there is a color choice that is right for you.
- Advanced Engine Design: Forged pistons-just like the R1 and R6-are very lightweight while providing exceptional strength. And innovative Yamaha features like the offset cylinders reduce friction for more power.
- Balanced Sportbike Ergonomics: The YZF-R3 features clip-on handlebars and a riding position that provides a great balance of comfort and sporty riding position.
- Compact, Confident Rider Seating: With a flat seat design and a seat height of only 30.7 inches on the YZF-R3, it’s easy to get both feet firmly on the ground and inspire confidence, especially for beginner riders.
- Potent Twin-Cylinder Powerplant: 321cc, liquid-cooled, inline 2-cylinder DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, fuel-injected engine delivers excellent power and performance throughout the rpm range.
- High-Revving Sportbike Heritage: With a compression ratio of 11.2:1, the engine develops maximum power at 10,750 rpm for an exciting ride and broad spread of power.
- Responsive Engine Architecture: With a 180 degree crank design, the engine provides minimized vibrations and a smooth running engine character throughout the rpm range.
- Modern Fuel Injection: Downdraft induction fuel injection system provides easy starts and smooth performance in all conditions.
- Advanced Cylinder Construction: Yamaha’s all-aluminum DiASil cylinder is used to ensure excellent heat dissipation, with an innovative offset cylinder design that reduces horsepower loss and improves both power and fuel efficiency.
- Strong and Lightweight Pistons: Forged aluminum pistons-the same technology used for the R1 and R6-means lighter weight and excellent strength at higher temperatures, ensuring reliability at higher rpm.
- Advanced Frame: Steel frame and swingarm designed with Yamaha’s extensive chassis expertise for a light and nimble, yet solid, handling character.
- Potent Braking: The 298mm floating mount front disc brake ensures excellent stopping power, while a 220mm floating disc handles the braking performance on the back. The YZF-R3 ABS model also features an antilock braking system to boost rider confidence and prevent wheel lock-ups in reduced-traction conditions.
- Plush, Controlled Suspension: 41mm KYB® front suspension offers 5.1 inches of travel for rider comfort and control, while a preload-adjustable rear shock allows tuning for passenger and cargo.
- Sportbike-Spec Alloy Wheels: 10-spoke cast aluminum wheels are both strong and high in style while reducing unsprung weight.
- Thorough Instrumentation: The multi-function meter informs the rider of gear position, fuel capacity, real time and average fuel economy, water temp, clock and an oil change trip meter.
- Yamaha R-Series Styling: Legendary Yamaha R-series styling and performance come standard! Great styling matched to excellent engine performance and chassis design are the hallmarks of Yamaha’s R-series-and YZF-R3 carries on the heritage with great results.
- Engine Type: 321cc liquid-cooled, DOHC inline twin-cylinder; 8 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 68.0mm x 44.1mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.2:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed, wet multiplate clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: 41mm KYB® telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® single shock; 4.9-in travel
- Brakes / Front: 298mm hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: 220mm hydraulic disc
- Tires / Front: 110/70-17
- Tires / Rear: 140/70-17
- L x W x H: 82.3 in. x 28.3 in. x 44.7 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Wheelbase: 54.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 25.0 deg.
- Trail: 3.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 56 mpg
- Wet Weight: 368 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- New ABS-Equipped Model Available: For 2017, the YZF-R3 offers the option of an ABS model to support the hydraulic disk braking system. The antilock braking system boosts rider confidence by preventing wheel lock-ups in reduced-traction conditions.
Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.