2018 Honda CRF125F - Details:
Right fit, right ride.
Motorcycles, especially dirtbikes, are exceptionally personal vehicles. Riding a bike that doesn’t fit right is like trying to run a marathon in shoes that are too big or too small. That’s why Honda makes a whole family of dirt bikes, with plenty of sizes in between.
Here’s another thing: When Honda builds a smaller bike, they never go small on quality and features. And that’s definitely true of the CRF125F.
Not only is the engine the next step up from our CRF110F, the chassis, seat height, and wheels are too. It hits that sweet spot that makes it a great choice for both young riders and smaller adults. Loaded with features designed to make trail riding a fun, no-hassle experience, it’s also pure Honda when it comes to reliability and durability, thanks in part to its rugged, air-cooled design. An electric starter makes it easy to get going, while a four-speed transmission gives you all the control of a full-sized bike.
As to the way it looks, riders young and old will be proud to ride a CRF125F. Taking its styling cues right from our full-on motocross bikes it looks sharp on the trail, in your garage, and in the truck heading towards your favorite off-road area.
And as further proof of our commitment to give you the right-sized bike, we even make the CRF125F in a second, big-wheel version for taller riders.
Electric Starter: Turn a key, push a button—that’s all it takes to get the CRF125F started. Add in a generous dose of Honda reliability and you’ll find the CRF125F is super easy to own.
Sized for the Sweet Spot: With its 125cc air-cooled, single-overhead-cam engine and four-speed transmission, the CRF125F will fit a wide range of riders. It has enough power for teens and small adults without being intimidating for younger riders.
Details Make the Difference: Just because it’s a small bike doesn’t mean we scrimped on the details—just the opposite, in fact: The CRF125F’s front disc brake is a perfect example. It’s a big-bike feature that’s pure Honda.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: Progressive linkage connects a single heavy-duty Showa® shock to the swingarm, delivering an excellent combination of spring and damping rates over a wide range of riding conditions.
- Electric Starter: The push-button starter makes getting going easier in all kinds of conditions, and its efficient design adds minimal weight.
- Reliable Engine: The CRF125F’s dependable four-stroke, single-cylinder engine offers good performance with a wide powerband—perfect for a wide range of riders, including beginners. And because it’s a Honda, you know it’s reliable, too.
- Four-Speed Transmission: The four-speed gearbox is just like a full-sized motorcycle’s, and gives your younger rider more control.
- Sturdy Steel Frame: Durability and quality are hallmarks of a Honda dirtbike. That’s why the CRF125F uses a strong, steel frame that’s built to handle the bumps and dings of off-road riding.
- Keyed Ignition Switch: For added security, the keyed ignition switch lets you control who goes riding and when—important if you have younger riders in the house.
- Proven Manual Clutch: Honda’s heavy-duty clutch is smooth shifting and durable.
- Front Disc Brake: The front disc brake provides superior stopping power, and the front disc rotor is drilled for lightness and better wet-weather performance.
- Tough Bodywork: Riders can be tough on equipment, and taking a spill is a natural part of learning. But the CRF125F can handle it: with tough plastic fenders, tank and other body parts, the CRF125F is engineered to shrug off the minor dings of the real world.
- Sealed Battery: A maintenance-free sealed battery helps ensure that your CRF125F is ready to ride when you are.
- Low Seat Height: It’s important to have a bike that’s sized right for your rider. The CRF125F’s low 28.9-inch seat height helps build confidence right from the start.
- Big-Wheel Version Available: Want something a little taller? Check out our CRF125F Big Wheel—the same great bike but with two inches more legroom.
- Engine Type: 124.9cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 52.4 mm x 57.9 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; two-valve
- Induction: 20 mm piston-valve carburetor
- Ignition: DC-CDI
- Transmission: Four-speed
- Final Drive: 13T/46T
- Front Suspension: 31 mm telescopic fork; 5.5 in. of travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single-shock; 4.5 in. of travel
- Front Brake: 220 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake: Drum
- Front Tire: 70/100-17
- Rear Tire: 90/100-14
- Rake: 25 deg. 30 min. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 81 mm (3.2 in.)
- Wheelbase: 48.0 in.
- Seat Height: 28.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 192 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 1.1 gal., including 0.2-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance: 8.5 in.
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resource Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Red
- Model ID: CRF125F
- Duration: Six Months transferable limited warranty; extended warranty available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Be A Responsible Rider: All parents need to consider their youngsters’ age, size, ability and maturity before allowing them to ride. Obtain a copy of “Off-Road Safety Tips” from your local Honda Dealer.
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.