2018 Honda FourTrax Recon - Details:
Sized Right. Built Smart.
Size—the right size—matters. That’s why so many riders choose the Honda Recon. Because you get big ATV benefits like durability, power, and build quality—but in a package that costs less, and is easier to load, unload, and maneuver on tight trails.
The Recon is a powerful, versatile, rugged ATV, but one that also offers a smaller overall footprint. It’s a powerhouse of an athlete in the welterweight division. A specially designed 250-class engine is engineered for plenty of low-rpm torque and power, where the real work gets done. Its two-wheel-drive design features Honda’s famous longitudinal engine layout for more efficient power transfer.
Plus, the Recon is available in two different models: one features our conventional foot-shift ATV transmission, while the Recon ES offers Honda’s Electric Shift Program (ESP), which lets you upshift and downshift using two handlebar-mounted buttons.
Sized right, built smart, and engineered to last—with the Recon, you go big where it counts.
Easy Starting, Every Time: With the press of a button, the Recon is up and running, thanks to an effortless electric start. Want a backup? No problem—it also has an auxiliary recoil starter.
Details That Make A Difference: We never stop making the Recon better, and here is one example: Need to get out of a tight spot on the trail? The Recon sports a reverse lever that’s designed to be simple and easy to use.
- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Compact and lighter-weight, the Recon’s semi-dry-sump and overhead valve designs create an engine that’s not only shorter from top to bottom, but one that enhances handling by lowering the center of gravity while also allowing for better ground clearance.
- Shaft Drive: Clean, efficient, proven, low-maintenance. Shaft drive is the perfect choice for a machine like this, and for riders who pile on the miles. You never have to worry about lubrication or adjustment out on the trail. And an added plus: it helps keep your ATV cleaner, too.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout: By orienting the crankshaft front to back in the chassis in our ATV and side-by-side engines, we route the flow of power straight to the wheels without any unnecessary right-angle detours, reducing powertrain friction and putting more grunt to the ground.
- Uniquely Designed Floorboards: Both the Recon and Recon ES have uniquely designed floorboards, which allow the rider’s feet to grip the footrests while helping keep mud and debris away.
- Steel Cargo Racks: Front and rear steel cargo racks allow payloads of 33 and 66 pounds, respectively.
- LED Taillight and Brakelight: The Recon has a LED taillight and brakelight for durable, long-lasting lighting.
- Effortless Electric Starting: When it comes to starting: Turn a key, push a button, and you’re off, even in cold weather. A backup recoil starting system provides added confidence.
- Reverse Mechanism and Parking Brake: Mounted up on the left handlebar along with the parking brake, the Recon’s reverse lever is simple and easy to use.
- Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 68.5 mm x 62.2 mm
- Induction: 22 mm carburetor
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Five-speed with reverse
- Driveline: Direct rear driveshaft
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 5.1 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 4.9 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual sealed hydraulic drum
- Rear Brake: Sealed mechanical drum
- Front Tire: 22 x 7-11
- Rear Tire: 22 x 10-9
- Length: 75.0 in.
- Width: 40.7 in.
- Height: 42.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 44.5 in.
- Seat Height: 31.2 in.
- Ground Clearance: 6.0 in.
- Turning Radius: 8.5 ft.
- Curb Weight: 434 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.4 gal., including 0.6-gal. reserve
- Available Colors: Olive, Vapor White
- Model ID: TRX250TM
- Duration: 1 year
- Description: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Important Safety Information: Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner’s manual thoroughly.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.