2018 Yamaha TT-R230 - Details:
PERFORMANCE THAT’S OUTLASTING
Light, simple and proven, the TT-R230 delivers decades of low maintenance performance for all.
- Engine Type: 223cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 70.0mm x 58.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Carburetor
- Ignition: CDI
- Transmission: Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: Telescopic fork; 9.4-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; 8.7-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic single disc, 220mm
- Brakes / Rear: Drum, 130mm
- Tires / Front: 80/100-21
- Tires / Rear: 100/100-18
- L x W x H: 81.3 in. x 31.5 in. x 46.5 in.
- Seat Height: 34.3 in.
- Wheelbase: 54.5 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 27.0 deg.
- Trail: 4.4 in.
- Ground Clearance: 11.6 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal.
- Fuel Economy**: n/a
- Wet Weight: 251 lb.
- Warranty: 90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Broad, Accessible Powerband: YZ-inspired handling and looks, and a stout 223cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke producing predictable, broadband power, make the TT-R230 a great choice for beginner and intermediate riders.
- Racing-Derived Ergonomics: Competition-style flat seat/tank junction for great rider mobility.
- Convenient Electric Start: Electric start makes getting started a simple pushbutton exercise.
- Trail-Ready Dimensions: A low seat height on top of a long-travel suspension and 11.6 inches of ground clearance make this a serious trailbike that’s also accessible to a wide range of riders.
- Robust, Compact Frame: Steel, diamond-type-design frame means great handling and strength.
- Broad, Accessible Powerband: Super-reliable, electric start, 223cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke puts out smooth, widespread power perfectly suited for all kinds of trails and riders.
- 6-Speed Transmission: Smooth-shifting, six-speed transmission with heavy-duty clutch geared for maximum versatility and usable power delivery.
- Digital Ignition: CDI magneto ignition system is ultra-reliable and nearly maintenance free.
- Free-Flowing Intake: YZ-type air filter for easy maintenance and maximum airflow.
- Forestry-Friendly Exhaust: Lightweight exhaust with quiet muffler and USFS-approved spark arrestor.
- Low Maintenance Engine: Automatic cam chain tensioner means minimal maintenance and longer engine life.
- Robust, Compact Frame: Steel frame with compact wheelbase and low seat height combines accessibility to new or smaller riders with superb maneuverability and super-responsive handling.
- Advanced Rear Suspension: Linkage-mounted adjustable rear shock serves up 8.7 inches of smooth, progressive rear wheel travel for great bump absorption and handling.
- Trail-Ready Front Fork: 36mm front fork with 9.4 inches of wheel travel provides plush, confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain.
- Generous Ground Clearance: 11.6 inches of ground clearance should be enough to deal with almost any trail.
- Lightweight Swingarm: Aluminum box-section swingarm features snail-type chain adjusters for quick and easy chain adjustments.
- Dual Disc Braking System: Front 220mm disc and 130mm rear drum brakes for powerful, confident stops.
- MX-Style Wheels and Tires: Full-size 21-inch front and 18-inch rear aluminum wheels keep unsprung weight down, while knobby tires provide motocross-spec grip.
- Comfortable Saddle: Long gripper seat is low, comfortable, and allows easy rider movement.
- Racy Styling: Team Yamaha-inspired colors, graphics and front and side number plates create distinctive styling.
- Fork Protection: Durable fork boots provide excellent fork seal and stanchion tube protection.
- Grippy Footpegs: Large, folding, cleated foot pegs provide excellent footing, even in wet or muddy conditions.
Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner’s Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.