2019 Honda FourTrax Rancher - Details:
What makes Honda’s line of FourTrax Rancher ATVs so famously admired? Where do we start? For countless thousands of ATV owners, the Ranchers just hit that sweet spot. Big enough to tackle big jobs or adventures, week in and week out. Nimble and light enough to be maneuverable in tight terrain, and not wear you out after a day in the saddle. Affordable. Reliable. And the list goes on and on.
Every Rancher starts with the same proven Honda engine, the heart of any ATV. A 420cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder design with fuel injection, it’s engineered for the kind of wide, low-revving power an ATV rider wants. And it offers something no other ATV can: Honda’s legendary reliability and efficiency.
And here’s another big plus with a Rancher: With a wide range of models, it’s easy to pick the exact Rancher that’s perfect for you. We have models with independent rear suspension (IRS) for excellent handling and a superior ride. We also have swingarm/solid-axle models suited to riders who tow a lot, or who want a solid axle’s simplicity of design. Standard manual ATV transmission, our exclusive Electric Shift Program, or Honda’s revolutionary Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) are all available, as is Electric Power Steering and your choice between two- and four-wheel drive.
Innovation, performance, value, long-term reliability—the Honda Ranchers offer it all, and more. It’s an ATV partner you can count on, for years and years to come.
Important Safety Information: Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner’s manual thoroughly.
Electric Power Steering (EPS: EPS Steering (available on two of our four-wheel-drive models) features torque sensors that measure how much force you’re applying and then tailors how much assistance you need. Our specially engineered mounting system increases stiffness and enhances handling. It helps make your life way easier, especially in challenging terrains.
Honda Automatic Dual-Clutch Transmissio: Strong internals, fast shifts, excellent control, true compression-braking capability in steep terrain and an automatic program that upshifts and downshifts while you concentrate on riding—the Honda automatic dual-clutch transmission (DCT) has it all. It’s one of the best choices you can make when choosing your transmission.
IRS or Swingarm: We have both. Our 2019 Rancher models offer Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) for a smoother ride and increased traction over uneven terrain. Alternately, the swingarm models offer great capability when tackling tough chores.
- Programmed Fuel Injection: Being able to count on crisp performance and starting under any conditions is a must for anyone who depends on their ATV. Thanks to Honda’s Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)—featuring a 34mm throttle body, 12-hole Denso injector, and an oxygen sensor that allows the fuel mapping to instantaneously adjust to any riding condition—the Rancher not only ensures trouble-free operation in the cold and at varying altitudes, it reduces emissions and enhances fuel efficiency.
- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Compact and lighter-weight, the Rancher’s overhead-valve, semi-dry-sump design creates an engine that’s shorter from top to bottom. That returns two big benefits: it enhances handling by lowering the engine’s center of gravity, and it also allows for better ground clearance.
- Shaft Drive: Clean, efficient, proven, low-maintenance. Shaft drive is the perfect choice for a machine like this, and for riders who pile on the miles. You never have to worry about lubrication or adjustment out on the trail. And an added plus: it helps keep your ATV cleaner, too.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout: By orienting the crankshaft front to back in the chassis in our ATV and side-by-side engines, we route the flow of power straight to the wheels without any unnecessary right-angle detours, reducing powertrain friction and putting more grunt to the ground.
- Swingarm Rear Suspension: On select Rancher models, the rear swingarm incorporates an enclosed, solid-axle design for strength and rigidity. When you need to tow a heavy load, the swingarm eliminates rear suspension squat as the load is placed on the axle itself, not on the rear shock.
- Reverse Lever: The Rancher’s reverse lever is simple, easy and intuitive to use.
- A Comfortable Seat: A plush seat and open rider triangle (bar/seat/pegs) teams up with the suspension to really treat you right. Superior ergonomics have always been a Honda priority, and the Rancher is no exception. With thick, soft foam, it’s exceptionally comfortable.
- In-Tank Fuel Pump: The Rancher incorporates an in-tank fuel pump for cooler pump operation, and long pump life.
- Digital Instruments: Easy to read and full of the information you want. In addition to the standard gear position indicator, speedometer, odometer, trip meter, and hour meter—you get readouts for fuel level, clock, water temperature, speed and Honda’s “maintenance minder” system (to help remind you when it’s time to have your ATV serviced). Comes with all Ranchers except the base model.
- Engine Type: 420cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected OHV wet-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 86.5mm x 71.5mm
- Induction: Keihin® 34mm throttle-body fuel-injection system
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Compression Ratio: 9.9:1
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
- Driveline: Direct rear driveshaft
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 6.69 inches travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 6.69 inches travel
- Front Brake: 190mm Dual hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake: 160mm Sealed mechanical drum
- Front Tire: 24 x 8-12
- Rear Tire: 24 x 10-11
- Length: 82.8 inches
- Width: 47.4 inches
- Height: 46.2 inches
- Wheelbase: 49.9 inches
- Seat Height: 33.7 inches
- Ground Clearance: 7.2 inches
- Curb Weight: 573 pounds (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gallons, including 1.3-gallon reserve
- Turning Radius: 9.2 feet
- Model ID: TRX420TM1
- Emissions: Meets current EPA off-road emissions standards
- Available Colors: Red, Olive
- Note: No operator under age 16. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owners manual thoroughly.
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan