2021 Yamaha Grizzly 90 - Details:
Little Bear, Big Performance
Proven Off-Road performance and Grizzly-styling with a 90cc engine and CVT transmission, the Grizzly 90 is perfect for trail riders 10-years-old and up.
- Confidence-Inspiring 90cc Engine: The Grizzly® 90 is built to bring maximum fun to the youth ATV riders 10 and up. The low-maintenance 90cc engine tuned to develop excellent low-to-mid range performance, a fully automatic CVT transmission with reverse, a gated shifter and electric start with back-up kickstart all come standard.
- Reduced Maintenance Design: Durable, proven components keep servicing simple and affordable, thanks to features like the tool-less quick-access air filter element.
- Scaled Down, Not Scaled Back: The Grizzly 90 takes cues from the top-performing Grizzly 700 but is designed specifically for younger rides just getting into the sport. The result is accessible, confidence-inspiring performance with Grizzly family style.
- Comfortable Chassis: The ergonomics are designed to fit a wide range of riders 10 and up, while the Grizzly 90’s tire and suspension package find traction and provide a comfortable ride in a wide variety of terrain.
- Robust 90cc Engine: The Grizzly 90’s four-stroke SOHC 90cc engine is tuned to develop excellent low-to-mid-range performance. The engine is air cooled for simplicity, performance and long service life and utilizes proven wet-sump lubrication.
- Adventure-Ready Chassis: Compact A-arm front suspension is tuned for light steering and comfortable ride quality, offering 5.0 inches of travel. A swingarm set-up in the rear brings with it 5.7 inches of wheel travel, adding to the Grizzly 90’s full-size look and feel.
- Secure Stopping Power: For reliable stopping power, three sealed drum brakes bring the Grizzly 90 to a quick halt. There’s a handlebar-mounted parking brake, too.
- Integrated Cargo Racks: Robust steal cargo racks front and rear give younger riders the ability to pack their own gear as they join the family on their next adventure.
- Renowned Grizzly Traction: Just like its off-road proven big brother, the Grizzly 90 mounts aggressive tires inspired by the Grizzly 700 to maximize traction on any trail. The oversized 19-inch front tires give the compact machine an aggressive sense of style, complementing the 18-inch rear tires.
- Comfortable Accommodations: The Grizzly 90 is designed to be comfortable for a wide variety of riders 10 and up. With its large and plush seat mand wide floorboards, riders won’t outgrow the machine as they build their off-road riding skills.
- Big Mud-Deflecting Fenders: The Grizzly 90 boasts full-coverage fenders just like its Grizzly siblings, enhancing style and protecting the rider from mud and trail debris.
- Automatic Transmission: Fully automatic, continuously variable transmission (CVT) means no shifting. Handy for all riders, it’s a feature entry-level riders 10 and up particularly appreciate. Standard reverse simplifies maneuvering the Grizzly 90 in tight spots.
- Engine Limiter: To help young beginners grow into accomplished ATV riders, the Grizzly 90 includes an electronic limiter as well as a throttle limiter to restrict the engine’s performance and adapt to the rider’s advancing skill levels.
- Electric Starter: Push-button electric starting comes standard, and an emergency kick starter is also provided in a storage spot under the seat for additional peace of mind.
- Compact and Durable Drivetrain: Engine power is transferred to the rear wheels via a tried-and-true O-ring chain drive, running along a swingarm that’s set at an optimized angle for superior rear shock performance.
- Modern, Reliable Electronics: The CDI system means reliable ignition performance and a sealed maintenance free battery helps to provide worry-free performance while handlebar-mounted reserve and neutral indicators keep the rider informed in all situations
- Low Maintenance Design: Servicing is easy thanks to features like the toolless quick-access air filter element.
- Engine Type: 90cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 47.0mm x 51.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Fuel Delivery: 13mm carburetor
- Transmission: Continuously Variable Transmission; F, N, R
- Final Drive: O-ring chain drive
- Suspension / Front: Single A-arm; 5.0 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Monoshock swingarm; 5.7 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual drum
- Brakes / Rear: Drum
- Tires / Front: AT19 x 7-8
- Tires / Rear: AT18 x 9-8
- L x W x H: 61.5 in. x 40.6 in. x 39.6 in.
- Seat Height: 28.7 in.
- Wheelbase: 40.6 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 4.1 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.7 gal.
- Wet Weight***: 307.8 lb.
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. YFZ50 is recommended for use only by riders 6 years and older and always with adult supervision. Raptor 90 is recommended for use only by riders 10 years and older and always with adult supervision. All other ATV models are recommended for use only by riders 16 years and older. YFZ450/YFZ450R and Raptor 700/Raptor 700R recommended for experienced riders only. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. There are few joys in life equal to the free-spirited thrill and experience of ATV riding. And that’s why it’s important for all of us to do our part as responsible riders. By following logical, common-sense rules, we can maintain season after season of unparalleled enjoyment of our sport. For your safety: Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Always avoid paved surfaces and never ride on public roads. And be particularly careful on difficult terrain. Never carry passengers. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner’s Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha recommends that all ATV riders take an approved training course. For ATV safety and training information, see your dealer or call the ATV Safety Institute at 800.887.2887