2021 Yamaha Raptor 90 - Details:
Calling New Riders
With electric start, reverse and legendary Raptor styling, this youth ATV is pure fun for riders 10-years-old and up.
- Compact, Sporty and Confidence-Inspiring 90cc Engine: The Raptor® 90 is built to bring maximum fun to the youth ATV class for riders 10 and up. The low-maintenance 90cc engine is tuned to develop excellent low-to-mid range performance with surprising features. A fully automatic CVT transmission with reverse, gated shifter and electric start with a back-up kickstart all come standard.
- Reduced Maintenance Design: Servicing is simple, too, thanks to features like the toolless quick-access air filter element.
- Scaled Down, Not Scaled Back: Compact A-arm front suspension is tuned for light, sporty steering and comfortable ride quality. The preload-adjustable shocks offer 5.0 inches of wheel travel and add to the Raptor 90’s full-size ATV look. The rear swingarm also features a 5-way preload adjustable shock, offering 5.7 inches of wheel travel.
- Comfortable Chassis: An advanced frame design incorporates a large 1.7 gallon fuel tank, plush seat and roomy integrated floorboards inside a long, secure wheelbase.
- Yamaha Raptor DNA: For sporty looks and handling, Raptor 90 uses low-profile Duro® tires on lightweight wheels and styling that’s unmistakably-inspired by the mighty Raptor 700R.
- Robust 90cc Engine: The 90cc four-stroke SOHC engine is tuned to develop excellent low- to-mid-range performance, just where it’s needed. The engine is air-cooled for simplicity, performance and long life, and it uses ultra-reliable wet-sump lubrication.
- Electric Starter: Push-button electric starting comes standard, of course, and an emergency kick starter is also provided in a storage spot under the seat for additional peace of mind.
- Automatic Transmission: Fully automatic, continuously variable transmission (CVT) means no shifting. Handy for all riders, it’s a feature entry-level riders particularly appreciate, and standard reverse eases the Raptor 90’s maneuvering.
- Sporty Drivetrain: Engine power is transferred to the rear wheels via a tried-and-true O-ring chain drive, running along a swingarm that’s set at an optimized angle for rear shock performance.
- Low Maintenance Design: Servicing is easy, too, thanks to features like the toolless quick-access air filter element.
- Sporty Chassis: Compact A-arm front suspension is tuned for light, sporty steering and comfortable ride quality with preload-adjustable shocks that offer 5.0 inches of wheel travel and add to the Raptor 90’s full-size ATV look. The rear swingarm also features a 5-way preload adjustable shock, offering 5.7 inches of wheel travel.
- Comfortable Accommodations: The Raptor 90 is designed to be comfortable for a wide variety of riders. With its roomy ergonomics, plush seat and wide floorboards, riders 10 and up won’t outgrow the machine before they’re ready for more displacement when they’re older.
- Optimized Tires: Duro® low-profile tires, AT18 x 7-8 front and AT18 x 9-8 rear, give the Raptor 90 aggressive looks and sporty handling.
- Secure Stopping Power: For reliable stopping power, three-sealed drum brakes bring the Raptor 90 to a quick halt. There’s a handlebar-mounted parking brake, too.
- Modern, Reliable Electronics: The CDI system means reliable ignition performance, with a strong, efficient spark, and a sealed, maintenance-free battery gives worry-free service. Handlebar-mounted reverse and neutral indicators keep the rider informed, too.
- Yamaha Raptor DNA: The Raptor 90 offers sporty looks and high fenders that are unmistakably-inspired by the mighty Raptor 700R.
- Engine Type: 90cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 47.0mm x 51.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Fuel Delivery: Carburetor
- Transmission: CVT; F, N, R
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: Single A-arm; 5.0 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Monoshock swingarm; 5.7 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual drum
- Brakes / Rear: Drum
- Tires / Front: AT18 x 7-8
- Tires / Rear: AT18 x 9-8
- L x W x H: 58.5 in. x 40.2 in. x 37.6 in.
- Seat Height: 29.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 40.6 in.
- Turning Radius: 3.9 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.7 gal.
- Wet Weight: 279 lb.
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. YFZ50 is recommended for use only by riders 6 years and older and always with adult supervision. Raptor 90 is recommended for use only by riders 10 years and older and always with adult supervision. All other ATV models are recommended for use only by riders 16 years and older. YFZ450/YFZ450R and Raptor 700/Raptor 700R recommended for experienced riders only. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. There are few joys in life equal to the free-spirited thrill and experience of ATV riding. And that’s why it’s important for all of us to do our part as responsible riders. By following logical, common-sense rules, we can maintain season after season of unparalleled enjoyment of our sport. For your safety: Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Always avoid paved surfaces and never ride on public roads. And be particularly careful on difficult terrain. Never carry passengers. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner’s Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha recommends that all ATV riders take an approved training course. For ATV safety and training information, see your dealer or call the ATV Safety Institute at 800.887.2887