2021 Yamaha YFZ50 - Details:
First-Time Rider, Lifelong Memories
Boasting electric start, automatic transmission and parental controls, this model is perfect for riders 6-years-old and up.
- Beginner-Friendly Four-Stroke Performance: The YFZ50™ is engineered as the ideal starting point for aspiring ATV riders aged 6 and up. With a low-maintenance 49cc engine tuned to develop responsive, controllable performance and the combination of engine limiters with a power cut-off tether switch make it easy to allow young riders to adapt to the ATV as their skills grow.
- Reduced Maintenance Design: Servicing is simple, too, thanks to features like the toolless quick-access air filter element.
- Scaled Down, Not Scaled Back: Single I-arm front suspension is tuned for light, easy steering and comfortable ride quality. The rear swingarm also features a compact single shock for good control and comfort. It also boasts convenient features like a fully automatic CVT transmission and electric start with a back-up kickstart.
- Comfortable Chassis: A robust steel frame design incorporates a large 1.5 gallon fuel tank, plush seat and roomy integrated floorboards.
- Yamaha Sport ATV DNA: For sporty looks and handling, YFZ50 uses durable Duro® tires on lightweight wheels, with styling unmistakably inspired by the race-ready YFZ450R™
- Engine Limiter and Tether Switch: To help young beginners grow into accomplished ATV riders, the YFZ50 includes a two-stage rpm limiter as well as a throttle limiter to restrict the engine’s performance and adapt to the rider’s advancing skill levels. A tethered switch allows parents to closely monitor new riders and cut power to the engine, if necessary, as new riders learn the basics of ATV control.
- Robust 49cc Engine: The 49cc four-stroke SOHC engine is tuned to develop excellent low- to-mid-range performance, just where it’s needed. The motor is air-cooled for simplicity, performance and long engine life, and it uses ultra-reliable wet-sump lubrication.
- Electric Starter: Push-button electric starting comes standard and is powered by a reliable sealed battery while the kick starter is provided for additional peace of mind.
- Automatic Transmission: Fully automatic, continuously variable transmission (CVT) means no shifting. Handy for all riders, it’s a feature new riders will particularly appreciate.
- Sporty Drivetrain: Engine power is transferred to the rear wheels via a robust chain drive, running along a swingarm that’s set at an optimized angle for rear shock performance.
- Low Maintenance Design: Servicing is easy, thanks to features like the toolless quick-access air filter element. The exhaust includes a standard spark arrestor as well.
- Sporty Chassis: Single I-arm front suspension is tuned for light, easy steering and comfortable ride quality. The rear swingarm also features a compact single shock rear suspension for good control and comfort, and the entire package includes awesome YFZ®-derived sport ATV styling.
- Comfortable Accommodations: The YFZ50 is designed to be comfortable and accessible for new ATV riders. With its roomy ergonomics, plush seat and wide floorboards, riders 6 and up won’t outgrow the machine before they’re ready for more displacement when they’re older.
- Optimized Tires: Duro® low-profile tires, AT16 x 6.5-7 front and AT16 x 7-7 rear, give YFZ50 aggressive looks and sporty handling.
- Secure Stopping Power: For reliable stopping power, three sealed drum brakes bring the YFZ50 to a secure stop. There’s a handlebar-mounted parking brake, too.
- Modern, Reliable Electronics: The CDI system means reliable ignition performance, with a strong, efficient spark, and a sealed, maintenance-free battery gives worry-free service.
- Yamaha Sport ATV DNA: The YFZ50 offers the same sporty looks as the rest of the YFZ family for an exciting sport ATV style.
- Engine Type: 49cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 39.0mm x 41.4mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Carburetor
- Transmission: CVT
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: Single I-arm; 2.4 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock swingarm; 2.0 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual drum
- Brakes / Rear: Drum
- Tires / Front: AT16 x 6.5-7
- Tires / Rear: AT16 x 7-7
- L x W x H: 49.2 in. x 32.3 in. x 30.3 in.
- Seat Height: 23.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 32.7 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 3.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.5 gal.
- Wet Weight: 220 lb.
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. YFZ50 is recommended for use only by riders 6 years and older and always with adult supervision. Raptor 90 is recommended for use only by riders 10 years and older and always with adult supervision. All other ATV models are recommended for use only by riders 16 years and older. YFZ450/YFZ450R and Raptor 700/Raptor 700R recommended for experienced riders only. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. There are few joys in life equal to the free-spirited thrill and experience of ATV riding. And that’s why it’s important for all of us to do our part as responsible riders. By following logical, common-sense rules, we can maintain season after season of unparalleled enjoyment of our sport. For your safety: Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Always avoid paved surfaces and never ride on public roads. And be particularly careful on difficult terrain. Never carry passengers. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner’s Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha recommends that all ATV riders take an approved training course. For ATV safety and training information, see your dealer or call the ATV Safety Institute at 800.887.2887