MIPS changes the way to think about helmet safety. Developed by brain surgeons and scientist to reduce rotational forces on the brain by angled impacts to the head. Adding MIPS to the Evolve 3 Helmet brings state-of-the-art technology other companies charge double the price for. Modern helmet shells have many sculptured ridges and valleys in them. Most helmets, including some very expensive brands, do not have an impact-absorbing EPS liner that follows and fills in those peaks and valleys. The Evolve 3 MIPS dual-density liner does fill in those peaks and valleys and this creates improved impact absorption. Safety is key with all our helmets and the Evolve 3 MIPS passes two of the toughest safety standards today.
- Shell made of injection-molded polycarbonate
- MIPS liner in-between the comfort foam and the dual-density EPS liner
- SilverCool® moisture wicking liner is removable for washing
- SilverCool padding also reduces odor and is antimicrobial
- Nine intake and exhaust vents help keep you cool
- Four eyebrow vents help evaporate sweat before it drips into eyes and goggles
- Wire mesh chinbar vent has foam filter
- Flexible rubber nose/cheek piece to help deflect roost
- Replacement visors sold separately
- Weighs 3.2 lbs./1450 g (size M)
Meets or exceeds the ECE 22-05 and the D.O.T. FMVSS 218 safety standards.